5* PADI OW + ADV Course - 3 Night Liveaboard
6 Day PADI O.W. + Advanced SCUBA Certification (30m)
6 Days; 3rd, 4th, and 5th night accomodation provided
Pick up & Drop Off available
for all Cairns city accomodation
Day 1 & 2 - 5:30pm aprox
Day 6 - 4:45pm aprox
Day 1 & 2 - Cairns City Facilities
Day 3, 4, 5, 6 - Outer Great Barrier Reef
Minimum age 12.
Answering all statements in the Self Assessed Medical Declaration form. Medical certificate if required.
Ability to pass a 200m swim, and 10min treading water test.
Get ready for the best of the best and to expand your horizons.
9 training dives and 6 pleasure dives - The 6 day Liveaboard option is designed for those wishing to get the maximum amount of diving and experience in a very short time. You get the entry level open Water Certification AND the next level - the PADI Advanced open Water Diver Certification. That's a massive total of 15 dives (including 2 night dives!)
If your using this certification as a your first step in exploring the world underwater (and let face it, most are), you will soon recognise the benefit of extending your certification depths from 18m to 30m. Most of the worlds best dive sites will have access to depths beyond 18m, some dives it will even require it to see the best of the Dive. These dives may require you to have Advanced certification so why not give yourself the freedom, and the safety of further SCUBA education.
If you can't find the information you need, please feel free to Contact Us directly.
tour cost included $1265 payable today
tour cost included $1325 payable today
included $80 tax / lev paid on arrival
included $80 tax / lev paid on arrival
TWIN CABIN ENSUITE
DOUBLE CABIN ENSUITE
Includes all equipment and tuition. Prices Valid from 1st April 2017 to 31st March 2018. Taxes/Levies: PER PERSON PER DAY (subject to change without notice). Fee includes: EMC $6.50. Fuel, Port, and Administration Charges $13.50 (Tax is payable only on day of departure)
6 Day / 3 Night - PADI Open Water + Advanced Itinerary
• It begins!! DSDD will provide a shuttle from your Cairns City accommodation*, pick up is at 9:00am.
• Once at Deep Sea you will meet your PADI Instructor, who will help you complete basic paperwork, and conduct a tour of our facilities.
• To ensure you don't need a medical certificate, we collect basic medical information and check your BMI.
• Usually the rest of the morning is spent in the classroom, studying the basics of SCUBA theory.
• Lunch is not included, however we do have various amenities close to our classrooms.
• During the afternoon the fun really begins with your SCUBA induction! We have ample time to introduce you to the sensation and skills of diving. Our purpose built pool is ideal for slowly building up your SCUBA super powers!
• Before we finish for the day, theres just enough time for a treading water test, 10 minutes and then Day One is complete!
• At approximately 5:30pm our shuttle bus will return you to your city accommodation*.
*pick up and drop off not available from the Northern Beaches or Private Addresses
• Cairns city accommodation collection, pick up is at 9:00am.
• We jump straight into the pool on Day Two! If we didn't complete it in Day One, it’s time for your swim test: a continuous 200m swim.
• Then it’s time to don wetsuits, SCUBA tanks, and continue our skill sets underwater.
• Again, lunch is not included, however we do have various amenities close to our classrooms.
• After lunch we finish and review the SCUBA theory, finishing with a final multiple choice exam.
• At approximately 5:30pm our transfer bus will return you to your city accommodation.
• This morning you’ll be collected bright and early at 7:30am to check in at the dive centre.
(If you have any belongings that require storage during your nights at sea, Deep Sea does have facilities for storage although baggage is left at your own risk, simply have them with you at pick up).
• Once checked-in we will shuttle you to Cairns marina and our Day trip vessel SeaQuest.
• During the 90min cruise to the Outer Reef your instructor will fully brief the itinerary of the day.
• Arriving at the reef we 'gear-up', conduct our SCUBA safety procedures, and enter the water for our first 2 Open Water training dives.
• Lunch is provided, a tropical buffet with cold cut meats, salads, and pasta.
• Now it’s time to get comfortable, transferring to our live aboard OceanQuest at 2:30pm.
• Dinner, and accommodation is provided tonight, so its sit back, chill, watch the stars, and just take it all in. If the conditions are right, at night you may get the chance to take part in our 'Sharks in the Dark’ experience.
• Wake up, the Great Barrier Reef is outside your window! We promise, there’s nothing like an early morning coffee on a sun lounger with a view of the spectacular Outer Reefs to kickstart your day or maybe even jump in for a snorkel. Enjoy a hot, chef prepared breakfast too!
• Time to Gear Up and get ready for 2 more training dives on the reef. Then, with a hand shake underwater, you’re a certified PADI Open Water diver! But it's not over yet. Next up, PADI Advanced Diver!
• First lunch! Aboard OceanQuest we provide hot, chef prepared lunches. Vegetarian and vegan options can be requested.
• First dive of the Advanced Course, 'Peak Performance Buoyancy' time to fine tune those buoyancy skills that you learnt on the Open Water course and become an underwater ninja.
• If your feeling brave, its now time to switch out the lights. Night Diving is a regular activity in SCUBA diving, and to be familiar with the water at this time of day is a huge benefit. It's a magnificent experience, and when conducted safely, can be even more exciting than our previous dives. The Night Dive will be guided by a member of our dive team.
• Hot dinners are provided onboard, a licensed bar is open till 10:30pm, but sleep well, more to explore tomorrow!
• We have 3 dives this morning, 2 of which will contribute towards your PADI Advanced Course certification. These include a 'Deep Dive', 25-30m, and a 'Navigation Dive'.
• Again, a hot breakfast, dinner, and lunch will be included aboard OceanQuest.
• Now go explore and try out your new skills! 2 more Pleasure Dives on the Outer Reefs.
• We've tried our first guided 'Night Dive' on Day Three, the PADI Advanced Course 'Night Dive' will teach you everything you need to SCUBA without a guide at night.
• Sleep well tonight, we only have one more Advanced Course dive to complete, and then the reef is yours to explore!
• Your Advanced Course will introduce you to some of PADI's extra dive activities, during your course you will choose one of these as your elective module, this will include one dive and can be chosen on-board after conversations with your PADI Instructor.
• This final Advanced Course dive will conclude your certificate, congratulations you are now an Advanced Open Water diver, affectionately known as AOW!! The world of advanced diving now awaits so get out there and see it!
• For the final time we zip-up our wetsuits and get ready for 2 more Pleasure Dives on the reef.
• A hot breakfast and lunch is included on board.
• 2:30pm, sadly it’s time to pack up all our things and transfer to the day trip vessel SeaQuest for our 90min trip back to Cairns marina.
• Once in Cairns we will shuttle you to any city accommodation, via Deep Sea's facilities to collect any stored luggage. It's sad to say goodbye, but the dive community is a close one so we know that we'll see you again soon!
Forms for Download
For consideration only, all paperwork will be completed on your day of arrival.
*Please note: High Altitudes and SCUBA
Currently the rules state that for a single no decompression dive, you should not fly/go to altitude for at least 12 hours. Multiple dives: 18 hours. Deep Sea Divers Den recommends waiting a minimum 24 hours whenever possible. These are guidelines only, there is no guarantee that these recommendations will prevent decompression sickness. Currently there are no guidelines regarding diving after flying. Altitude is 300m/1000ft above sea level. This includes going to the Atherton Tablelands, so be careful when you are booking tours to follow your dive course/trip. Under normal circumstances, you should be out of the water on your last dive at 12pm (midday).
Tropical buffet lunch
Fresh chilled water
Tea & coffee
2 of 17 reef locations daily
Snacks (choc, chips etc)
SCUABA Guide ($15 per dive)
Digital camera hire
What To Bring
($20 per person per day)